Yearly Review: Xvi Times 2016 Felt Similar The #Bestyearever

Looking dorsum at 2016, it's difficult to believe that this New Year's volition exclusively grade the halt of one year. Considering everything I packed into those 365 days, 2016 seemed never ending. I started my get-go big job. Experienced my first heartbreak. Moved across the country. And oh, yeah - graduated college, too.

As nosotros all prepare for a fresh start inwards 2017, though, I wanted to give the amazing parts of 2016 their due credit.

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver

So, let's accept a trip inwards my (literary) fourth dimension machine as well as explore xvi times 2016 felt similar the best yr ever! 

1. When I went on 4 walks during my five-day Thanksgiving break. 

I may non receive got Jessica Simpson's badass boots, but my sneakers are definitely made for walking...every lead a opportunity I get! This past times Thanksgiving, I stayed at my college bird - all past times myself. I ended upwards doing tons of yoga, whipping upwards my favorite gluten gratis dumpling soup (based off of many faces. Meat-heavy paleo. 99% whole foods. Plant based. And now, flora based alongside more processed foods than ever before.

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
Frosty the (smoothie) snowman!
But y'all know what? I'm healthier for it - inwards body as well as mindset. The truth is, the term "processed foods" covers a broad range of products, as well as every somebody needs to experiment to detect the diet that fits their individual needs. 

Basically, 2016 was a "you exercise you" sort of year! 

3. Starting as well as finishing 2 books inwards ane 24-hour interval - for fun!

This Christmas was quiet for my family. We opened a few presents, cooked a festive supper as well as went for a walk inwards the snow. Besides that, I devoured 2 library books. Definitely the most I've read (for fun) inwards ane 24-hour interval since college began! 

4. Celebrating my 21st birthday (fashionably late) alongside my favorite girls. 

So I didn't celebrate my birthday that nighttime (unless going to my night class wearing a 21st-birthday-girl sash counts). We didn't celebrate that month either. But when my roommates as well as I did finally alternative a Fri to dress up as well as larn to Stacked, it was definitely worth the wait!

I mean, what wasn't to like? Cute waiters, my get-go gulp of alcohol, delicious (gluten free) food as well as a surprise trip to CVS afterwards (where nosotros definitely raised some eyebrows alongside our outfits). Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 nighttime merely quirky plenty to live perfect for me. 

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
A girl's nighttime out!
5. Became addicted to chickpeas

I actually don't know how I went 21 years without trying - as well as falling inwards love - alongside chickpeas. But don't worry. I corrected that mistake inwards 2016, quite thoroughly. 

6. Kicking booty on the GRE

Looking back, I'm sort of amazed I survived July. I visited identify unit of measurement inwards Houston; took a day trip to LA to learn a writing grade for Entity Magazine; took the GRE (a test for grad school); attended my dad's retirement ceremony that side past times side day; as well as started the drive to Colorado 3 days after. 

But - to unabashedly toot my ain horn - I yet scored a 92% inwards Verbal Reasoning as well as a 99% inwards Analytical Writing. Boo-yah

7. Ate my means through Disneyland

Because the exclusively thing to a greater extent than magical than Disneyland's decorations is its allergy-friendly food. While in that place were plenty of delicious eats, I'm yet dreaming of the vegetarian enchiladas from Tortilla Jo's

8. Explored my new home inwards Colorado Springs. 

So far, I've exclusively spent one month (in the summer) as well as 2 weeks (in the winter, as well as then far) inwards Colorado Springs, but I've already made plenty of bully memories. Walking through a meadow of sunflowers taller than me. Seeing deer hanging merely about inwards our front end yard. Surviving a flight into Denver the 24-hour interval a snow storm brought inwards -10 floor weather. 

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
Sis as well as snow!
It's definitely taking some adjusting to larn from California to Colorado (and a lot of heated blankets and layers, to live honest). But I can't hold off to consider what beautiful surprises I detect next! 

9. Helping to empower women inwards every aspects of their lives alongside my travel at Entity Magazine

When I applied for an internship at Entity last summer, I had no thought if it would work. But it did. When they asked me to stay on throughout my finally college semester, I didn't know if I could lead maintain the workload. But I did. And when Entity asked me to live their Senior Editor - starting this Jan - I wasn't certain if I could lead maintain the responsibility. But I know I can. 

People ever state that blessings come upwards when to the lowest degree expected. Entity Magazine definitely fits that cliche, but I know it has a Blue Planet breaking future. (Check out the articles I've written for Entity here!) 

10. Whole Foods dates. 

If you've never had a "girl's afternoon out" that consists of hitting the Whole Foods hot bar, you're missing out...on tasty nutrient as well as fifty-fifty ameliorate conversation. 

11. Moving past times my get-go heartbreak...and coming together someone new. 

I never mentioned the novel person inwards my life finally semester because, honestly, I didn't receive got a clue what I was doing. I hadn't wanted to encounter someone else as well as then soon, peculiarly when I exclusively had a calendar month left at school. But I did, as well as he showed me a lot of what was missing inwards my get-go human relationship (that I didn't fifty-fifty realize at the time).

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
During our PF Changs dinner...
He showed me that I deserve to live a priority. That my special diet (and lots of teeth brushing) doesn't brand me unworthy of love. That my get-go human relationship wasn't my only shot at something "good" - inwards fact, I may fifty-fifty detect something better

I don't regret my get-go relationship, as well as I don't regret this second ane either. We both knew it would exclusively finally that semester, but I also know we'll remain friends for a real long time. 

12. Trying - as well as loving - tons of new gluten gratis products. 

It yet amazes me sometimes that the footling weblog I began 3 years agone at ane time has plenty online "oomph" to partner alongside companies...but I (and my taste buds) wouldn't modify a thing! I tried a lot of products I'd never tasted (or heard of) before, similar Namaste Foods' baking mixes, Gaslamp Popcorn, Primizie's Ancient Sprouted Grain chips (my roomies are addicted), paleo goodies from Snackin' Free and more! 

I'll exercise a roundup of my favorite 2016 products soon...but merely know that I am as well as then grateful for the companies that exercise celiac-safe foods, for the bloggers who portion my addiction to unique eats as well as the readers who've helped brand all of this possible

13. Experimenting alongside my workouts. 

I tin at ane time state that I'm: a mud runner; a HITT addict (especially alongside assistance from the Nike Training Club app); a weight lifter; a hiker; a one-time Orange Theory survivor (not my thang, I must admit); a hot yogi; as well as a biker. I'm merely someone who loves to move as well as endeavour novel ways of doing that...rock climbing, y'all may live inwards my (2017) future! 

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
And hiking alongside friends is ever to a greater extent than fun...
14. Realizing I'm as well as then much stronger than I ever imagined. 

All of these amazing things aren't to state that 2016 didn't receive got some epically sucky points: getting glutened, feeling homesick, having ane estimator commit suicide exclusively to drown my novel one a few weeks later... 

However, I made it through everything - all on my own. For the get-go time, my parents weren't living 40 minutes away. I couldn't drive domicile for a weekend of rest, escape to my folks' trace of piece of work solid for Thanksgiving or rely on my parents to assistance me pack or navigate the Apple Store. For the get-go time, I was on my own - and, at the halt of the day, I'd give myself a solid B+ for my semester survival

15. Walking merely about the Broadmoor Hotel alongside my family, doing zero but looking at Christmas lights

''Twas the nighttime earlier Christmas...and instead of cozying upwards past times the fire, my identify unit of measurement faced the icy roads as well as leftover snow to explore the decorated Broadmoor Hotel. The half-frozen lake accented past times lit upwards trees, glowing wooden deer as well as patches of fresh snowfall actually felt similar the 3D Definition of "Winter Wonderland." 

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
Home for the holidays!
There's merely something magical almost walking merely about at sunset, bundled upwards inwards (three) layers as well as sharing the awe alongside your loved ones. By the fourth dimension nosotros got home, I could barely experience my toes - but (watch out: total corniness ahead) the warmth inwards my heart made upwards for it. 

16. Looking dorsum as well as seeing a chaotic, unexpected, awful, amazing, hell of year. 

During my Monthly Reviews, ane of my mutual comments was: I can't hold off to survive this month! But at ane time that 2016's twelve months are coming to a close, New Year's seems a flake bittersweet. I definitely don't desire to re-live the cross-country drive or the estimator chaos. However, I know I'll miss the quiet nights lazing inwards my dorm bed alongside friends; the college classes that frustrate equally much equally challenge me; as well as the phone calls domicile equally I expression at the ocean. 

But, 2016 has proven that, no thing what 2017 holds, I tin handle it. I'm living inwards a novel urban center as well as starting a novel job. I'm flying dorsum to San Diego to "officially" graduate, as well as hearing dorsum from grad schools. I'm making it up equally I larn along. 

 but my sneakers are definitely made for  Yearly Review: xvi Times 2016 Felt similar the #BestYearEver
Fingers crossed that 2017 volition live equally epic equally this huge Christmas tree!

At times, 2016 definitely felt similar the best yr ever. We'll consider how 2017 does at beingness "the best yr ever 2.0." 


What were some of your 2016 highlights? Comment below...or tell me past times tweeting @collegeceliackc alongside the hashtag #gfbestyearever! 




0 Komentar untuk "Yearly Review: Xvi Times 2016 Felt Similar The #Bestyearever"

Back To Top