When Blogging Is The Lowest Priority On Your List

This weekend, I went for 1 of the most memorable walks of my life: across a phase decorated inward dark-green too gilt to have my college diploma.

When I flew out to San Diego lastly Thursday, I was a college student, a friend, a blogger, Senior Editor to Entity Magazine too every bit good many other descriptors to count. As I'm sitting inward the Denver airdrome too typing this into my phone, I tin add together "Summa Cum Laude Point Loma Nazarene University graduate" to the list.

 across a phase decorated inward dark-green too gilt to have my  When Blogging is the Lowest Priority on Your List

It was 1 of the craziest weekends I've e'er had. Our flight out of Colorado Springs was delayed twice too iii passengers were kicked off because our small-scale airplane was over the weight limit. Then the stewardess started putting luggage into the empty seats to redistribute weight - which was super reassuring, I mightiness add, every bit a rider - and, later on nosotros finally got ready for elevator off, nosotros learned that every bit good much fuel had been added to the plane, too hence nosotros needed to taxi for v minutes to burn it off. We were biting our nails until nosotros speed-walked to our second flight amongst 15 minutes to spare - but nosotros made it to San Diego.

We fifty-fifty survived getting a rental car, reaching our rented condo (which, allow me only say, was worthy of a spider web log post on its own...)  and climbing into bed. The adjacent day, I spent twelve right away hours at my onetime college campus, visiting friends too teachers. And, on Sabbatum - which boasted beautiful San Diego atmospheric condition despite days of endless rain earlier - I rocked my dark gown, stepped across the stage (praying non to trip the entire time) too received the slice of newspaper I've been working toward for three too a one-half years. (And blogging close it only every bit long - similar my kickoff spider web log post close it!)

 across a phase decorated inward dark-green too gilt to have my  When Blogging is the Lowest Priority on Your List
Freshman twelvemonth vs. graduation senior year!
And, for once, I embraced the moment. I set the spider web log too nutrient too move too social media on concur - too I only lived. Will I convey a hectic catch-up calendar week ahead? Of course. Will the fourth dimension I spent lazing inward my roomies' beds, hammocking over the ocean or listening to the rain autumn on the automobile roof every bit nosotros talked inward the dorsum spot for an hr live worth it? Absolutely!

The truth is, nosotros all convey constant to-do lists tattooed on our minds. Buy (dairy free) milk. Fold the laundry. Finally answer that email. Have dinner amongst the family. Go for a run.

And piece checking off every box may live important regularly, sometimes our priorities bespeak to shift. This weekend, I didn't acquire much slumber or my usual dose of water and veggies. But I got to a greater extent than than my daily quota of hugs, devoured the best gluten gratis salmon burger inward my immature life (thank you lot Stacked!) too celebrated iii years of hard move while beingness surrounded past times friends too family.

 across a phase decorated inward dark-green too gilt to have my  When Blogging is the Lowest Priority on Your List
The BEST burger I've had inward ages!!!
Right now, I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions (at to the lowest degree underneath the jet lag too exhaustion). I don't experience different since walking across that phase - but I don't experience the same either.

What I produce know? Graduation was a bittersweet determination to this chapter of my life. It meant maxim goodbye to the friends I've come upwards to love every bit draw of piece of work solid unit of measurement too the campus that acted every bit my abode for 7 semesters. But it also meant embracing novel adventures - similar my first full-time job, grad school too to a greater extent than - heading my way.

And, for now, thinking of those treasured memories is to a greater extent than of import than writing The spider web log post that volition acquire viral or has the most shareable content. Because, sometimes, living is a higher priority than writing close my life online. In fact, sometimes I spider web log because I convey something I bespeak to state instead of something that others bespeak to hear.

A few snap shots!
This spider web log post, I suppose, is a piffling of both. It's my ain virtual pat on the back, but it's also to a greater extent than than that. It's my written hope that, the adjacent fourth dimension a celebration or gamble heads your way, you lot don't hesitate to throw your regular to-do listing to the side too create upwards one's hear what actually matters right now.

Your life shouldn't - too likely isn't - just the same every day. Your priorities relish the same freedom.


*Also flora at What'd You Do This Weekend, Totally Terrific Tuesday, Turn It Up Tuesday, Wine'd Down Wednesday*

Have you lot celebrated anything lately or gone on an adventure? How produce you lot approach shifting priorities? Comment below!



0 Komentar untuk "When Blogging Is The Lowest Priority On Your List"

Back To Top